Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Frank Ocean - Pyramids



Granted I was slow to catch up to Nostalgia Ultra but once I did I was hooked. Frank
Ocean quickly became my favorite Odd Future member.

As he gears up for his sophomore release Channel Orange out July 17th on Def Jam,
he was kind enough to drop this single. 'Pyramids' is by far one of the most epic
R& B singles (and songs) that I've heard recently. At a staggering 10 minutes,
the beat morphs from psychedelic ambience to electronic dance to spacey trap beat.

At every moment, Frank Ocean guides us with his silky wholesome croon, narrating
the loss of his Cleopatra. Of course by the time he finds her, she has become a
stripper, working at the Pyramid. Just like a Disney movie.

P.S. Even the artwork for the single is awesome and keeps the pyramid theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment